• Long lasting – up to 2 weeks
• Water resistant
• Thick and will not chip
• Cures U-shaped, shiny, and hard
• Cruelty free & non-toxic
• Easy to apply (no wrinkles)
• Easy to remove (removes in one piece)
• Virtually odorless
• 30 gel nail strips (16 basics and 14 accents) in 15 different sizes
• Full instructions
• 2 cleaning prep pads
• 1 wood tool
• 1 nail file
PREP, APPLY, TRIM, CURE, FILE
• PREP: Push cuticle back, buff nails to clean, wipe nails with included cleanser pad to remove any oil.
• APPLY: Match gel nail sizes to finger nails. If nails are in between nail piece sizes, select smaller size and stretch it gently to fit nail beds. Apply to nail, making sure edges are firmly pressed down on sides and near cuticle line. You can use wooden stick, silicon tips, or your fingers to press down.
• TRIM: Cut excess nail wrap with nail clipper or scissor.
• CURE with UV Lamp. Cure times:
* Zinipin & UUUUU - cure 1 to 2 minutes under a 6W lamp. These cure super fast.
* EdgeU, Gelato Factory, and Ohora - cure 2 to 3 minutes under a 6W lamp.
• FILE to finish. File off gel that extends past natural nail tip unless you plan to use gel as extension. See Pro Tips if using gel as extension.
• OPTIONAL (but highly recommended) – Apply Gel Top Coat. Applying Gel Top Coat requires curing nails again.
DRIP, SOAK, LIFT, REPEAT
• DRIP: For each nail, apply two or three drops of removing serum at edge where nail meets skin and at free edge of nails.
- If you do not have removing serum, you can make your own by mixing acetone and cuticle oil but the removing serum is highly recommended. Our removing serums are packed full of nutrients and do not have the chemical odors found in acetone.
- If you capped the free edge of your nails with top gel, file off the top coat at tip before adding the remover serum at the tip.
• SOAK: Let removing serum soak into nails for a minute before starting the gel removal process.
• LIFT: Use included wood nail stick to lift gel sticker off nail. Start from lower part of nail and work up towards nail tip. For best results do this slow and steady.
• REPEAT: If your gel sticker is still strongly bonded with your nail, apply additional serum between the gel sticker and nail and continue lifting gel nail off with wooden nail tool. Generous amounts of removing serum will help the nail safely separate from the gel without any damage to nails.
• Keep gellies away from direct and indirect UV light. It is best to store them in original UV safe packaging.
• EdgeU strips must be airtight sealed in the original packaging. This is the only brand that has air AND light curing properties. Once the clear airtight plastic is opened, it's best to use strips in about 2 weeks. All other brands cure by light only.
• Make sure your nails are really dry. DO NOT soak nails in water before application. It’s best to have nails avoid water at least one hour before applying gel strips.
• Don’t use cuticle oil before or immediately after nail application. Wait a few hours after application to apply cuticle oil if desired.
• Choose strip sizes closest to your nail size. Opt for a smaller strip if you are in-between sizes. If needed, you can stretch the strip to fit. Just warm strips between your hands.
• Press edges of the strip firmly onto your nail using your fingers, wooden or silicone cuticle stick. It’s very important that the edges are firmly pressed down onto nails BEFORE curing or it will cause it to lift prematurely.
• Press firmly onto nails but not so hard that it damages your nail bed.
• Gellies apply best when warm. All strips get harder during the winter and softer during the summer. You can warm it up strips in between your hands, using an air dryer (with plastic bag on if it's an EdgeU set), placed above a hot cup of tea/water, or using our Gelly Warmer.
• Gel wraps are designed to cure with 6W lamps. You can use lamps with higher wattage if desired but adjust cure time accordingly using your own precautions.
• Make sure the unused pieces are stored away from the UV lamp while you are curing your nails.
• Over curing or under curing nails can cause it to chip. Nails are fully cured once it is smooth and hard.
Never pull the gel wraps off without a remover solution. This can damage your nail bed. Resist the urge to pull it off when it begins to lift. Follow proper removal steps as shown in Removal tab.
• Nails with more C-curve may benefit from flash curing with our Press Light for 10 seconds on each nail immediately after placing a gel strip on nail. Soft silcone tip will mold to nails when it is pressed down and uv light will bind gel strips temporarily until you finish application on entire hand and can cure hand fully with lamp.
• Oily nails can benefit from a base coat, dehydrator, or nail strengthener. Apply this on nails before applying semi-cured gel wraps. The goal is to block the oil on the nail from breaking down the adhesive on the gel strips.
• Dry nails that tend to damage easily can benefit from a protective base like the Wonderbase UV or a primer before applying gel wraps. The goal is to put a non-drying layer between the nails and the gel strip.
• Frequent gel strip changers benefit from a peelable base coat. Peelable bases allow for quick removal and residual wipes off easily with just an alochol pad.
• Nails that shatter may be caused by gel top coats with a thin consistency. Thin top coats with thin gel strips are more likely to shatter or chip. Pair a medium consistency gel top coat if you prefer using thinner strips like Gelato Factory. Thinner gel top coats like igel No Wipe top coat are fine with thick strips like Zinipin or UUUUU.
• Nails that chip easily may be cause by gel lips at tip. Gel strips can be used as nail extensions past natural nail lengths but builder gel or multiple layers of top coat must be applied on both top and underside of extension. If top coats and builder gels are not used, it's best to file gel wraps down to natural nail length.